Western Michigan University
Searchpath Open Publication License
This document consitutes an Open Publication License for the use, reproduction, and distribution of Searchpath, which may be used only in compliance with this Open Publication License.
I. REQUIREMENTS ON BOTH UNMODIFIED AND MODIFIED VERSIONS
Open Publication works may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in part, in any medium physical or electronic, provided that the terms of this license are adhered to, and that this license or an incorporation of it by reference is displayed in the reproduction.
All modified versions of documents covered by this license, including translations, anthologies, compilations and partial documents, must meet the following requirements:
- Modified versions must be labeled as such.
- The person making the modifications must be identified and the modifications dated.
- Acknowledgement of the original author and publisher must be retained according to normal academic citation practices.
- The location of the original unmodified document must be identified.
- The original author's (or authors') name(s) may not be used to assert or imply endorsement of the resulting document without the original author's (or authors') permission.
Proper form for an incorporation by reference is as follows:
Copyright (c) <year> by <author's name or designee>. This material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Searchpath Open Publication License.
(link to http://www.wmich.edu/library/searchpath/docs/opl)
Any publication in standard (paper) book form shall require the citation of the original publisher and author. The publisher and author's names shall appear on all outer surfaces of the book. On all outer surfaces of the book the original publisher's name shall be as large as the title of the work and cited as possessive with respect to the title.
The copyright to each Open Publication is owned by its author(s) or designee.
III. SCOPE OF LICENSE
Mere aggregation of Open Publication works or a portion of an Open Publication work with other works or programs on the same media shall not cause this license to apply to those other works. The aggregate work shall contain a notice specifying the inclusion of the Open Publication material and appropriate copyright notice.
SEVERABILITY. If any part of this license is found to be unenforceable in any jurisdiction, the remaining portions of the license remain in force and effect.
NO WARRANTY. Open Publication works are licensed and provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or a warranty of non-infringement.
In addition to the requirements of this license, it is requested from and strongly recommended of redistributors that:
- If you are distributing Open Publication works on hardcopy or CD-ROM, you request email approval from the original author of your intent to redistribute at least thirty days before your manuscript or media freeze, to give the author time to provide updated documents. This notification should describe modifications, if any, made to the document.
- All substantive modifications, including deletions, be either clearly marked up in the document or else described in an attachment to the document.
- Finally, although not mandatory under this license, it is considered good form to offer a free copy of any hardcopy and CD-ROM expression of an Open Publication-licensed work to its author(s).
To continue, acknowledge each of the following by checking the boxes below.